yadacity hot news

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

SAM Borowski IS A WINNER, SAM IS A WINNER WITH MANDALA

“The Mandala Maker” filmmaker, our pal Sam Borowski's, continues his Brilliant campaign towards the Academy Awards –20010-- by winning the award for Best Mini-Feature at the Central Florida Film Festival.

Hollywood and Hollywood hopefuls, please, keep in mind; “The Mandala Maker” meets the Academy Awards standards for short films at 34 minutes.

Here is our Exclusive quick Q&A with the bad boy of indie films - Sam Borowski!

Q: Yadacity congrats on your path to win the Academy Award—2010-- the big question---you win the Golden Man--where would you put him in your house?

A-Sam: Well, if I actually allowed myself to dream about this event happening, I would say that the Golden Man gets his own bed ... maybe even his own room! Needless to say he would be treated nicely in my home, be well fed in the hopes of bringing some more of his golden buddies to stay.... But he would never be mistreated or overlooked in Sam Borowski's home!!

Q: At the Central Florida Film Festival, Sam, what was your favorite lunch?

A:-Sam: Ummmm, there was plenty of free grub at this wonderful festival, and I have to say the West Palm 5 in Ocoee, Fla (which showed all of the films) is a fine multiplex that had its own kitchen.

Picture a spacious brand-new multiplex - with a drive-in like concession stand - heaven for fan boys and film buffs, alike. Having said that, one day I got an order of french fries that were so good, I didn't need any other food to go with them. To top it off, I got an ice-cold Orange Crush; all while watching a fellow writer-producer's film, Beautiful Dreamer, which had previously won this festival, written by Chase Chenowith and starring Brooke Langton. A perfect lunch by any film festival's standards ....

Yadacity Comment: No you didn’t it! Go on bad boy of indie film, I am hungry for French Fries in Ocoee, Fla!

Q: What is the best thing about being a filmmaker?

A-Sam: All kidding aside? I would say the chance to do two things: entertain people, but also bring some positively into this world. For some, it's a documentary that might cure cancer, for others it's a comedy like “American Pie” or “Superbad,” with the chance to make people laugh.

Still others, there are serious dramas that touch us in the deepest chambers of our soul. Or an action movie to watch and get all of our aggression out.

Ultimately, it's the chance to touch people in some way. With “The Mandala Maker,” I have had more people - women especially - come up to me, and tell me it has moved them or spoke to them in some way. And that, to me, is as valuable as any award I can win.

But, yeah, I won't complain if the Golden Man comes along for the ride ....

Yadacity city says Yes, now go rent the movie and buy some French Fries!

No comments: