yadacity hot news

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sam Borowski weighs in on the Oscars

1. Who is going to win best picture for the Academy Awards --- and who should win?

SLUMDOG has it locked up and perhaps rightfully so, but the romantic in me - I have my own "Daisy" in my past - is rooting for THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON. I guess I am still mesmerized by the fact that screenwriter Eric Roth seemed like he was writing about a person straight from my life. And besides you've got to love a movie that has a whole back-story about a guy who gets hit by lightning on a regular basis, kind of like we get hit with bills. When you hear that, regular life doesn't seem so bad ....

2. Who is going to take "Best Actor," and who will they forget to thank.

Mickey Rourke is going to jump off the top rope to pin down the best actor Oscar. And with Rourke, it's anyone's guess, who he will forget to thank? After all, he did take quite a few shots in the head in the boxing ring some years back, and then again in the movie, THE WRESTLER. And besides, well having a staple gun applied to your back and mid-section, well, it's got to take something out of you ....

3. Who is going to take "Best Actress," and who will they thank.

I think this one is going to the amazing Meryl Streep for DOUBT, and well as long as she doesn't thank the conjoined twins from STUCK ON YOU - and I don't think she will since there's no mention of that movie on her imdb page, even though she's in it ?? - I am OK with her speech ....

4. How long will the Oscars take to finish and will you stay up to watch?

I stay up every year to watch the Oscars - then again, New York IS the city than NEVER sleeps! I will put the over-under on the telecast at four and a half hours. The smart money says it will exceed four hours ....


5. What advice would you give to the new host and producers?

I don't know that Hugh Jackman and the Producers of the telecast want my advice - LOL - but I guess I would say to concentrate on the awards and winners and not too much of the fluff. Then again, I do love the Oscar montages they put together; one year they showed actual footage of actors dressed up in the Planet of the Apes costumes, dancing on stage - I am NOT making this up! To this day, I wish I knew what Academy Awards that was from, and yes, I wouldn't mind seeing that footage again ... hint, hint.

Sam Borowski


In a message dated 2/4/2009 11:55:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, CITY2007NYC writes:
Hello, it's up.

Please, keep the answers short and funny ....

Quick Q&A






Yada City has spoken. Happy Obama years to come!

No comments: