yadacity hot news

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

BRIAN J. PATTERSON knows something about Pushing


Here is our Q&A with Brian J. Patterson
www.brianjpatterson.com

His new project is PUSHING BOUNDARIES a pilot that harkens back to the days of TALES OF THE CITY, but gives it a new, updated, and fresh approach. It follows the lives of people living in San Francisco. Brian plays a character that, well, conflicted. ;)

A yadacity exclusive
Q&A with Brian J. Patterson -
Q: Why do you love your work?
A: I love my work because I feel like I get to be a perpetual child playing in a sandbox with my friends. We're constantly collaborating to create new & beautiful pieces of art. Work actually feels like play, but does not negate for me how powerful it can be. I just have to be careful. Sometimes I get a little overzealous. I mean, hey...there's only so much sand we have to work with here, right?

Q: If you had five minutes to talk to anyone in your field, who would it be and what would be "that question," and what would you wear!

A:
It would be Meryl Streep & Gary Oldman. For clothes, I'd probably be wearing what I'm most comfortable in and wear every day...jeans and tee. I'm pretty much who I am wherever I go, so I’m not about to change that, I don't care who you are. I'd initiate with one of my famous rhetorical questions, "you know you're both f**kin killin me, right?" And, then I'd use the rest of the five minutes to ask them out to dinner so I could REALLY talk with them, And then I'd ask...no, I'd tell them both, "okay, all the secrets...spill it!

Q: Three cities, in the world, and where would you like to screen your first film and where would you like to stay?
A: London - so I could stay with my friend JennyLA - because I could stay with friends and can visit with a lot of my friends. SF - because I could stay at home, I prefer chilling with friends rather than staying in hotels. Hotels are fun, but there's no place like home.


Q; what is your next project?
A: I'll be in a musical entitled BOYS WILL BE BOYS. It's playing at New Conservatory Theatre in San Francisco May-June. I'm really excited because I get to work with some award nominated talent that I have worked with in the past. We just began rehearsals yesterday.

You can get tickets at www.nctcsf.org.

No comments: